"I lost some files. I doubt that the antivirus software had deleted them. I did not recognize it while confirming the operation. Is there any way to recover files deleted by antivirus? Please help!"
Antivirus software is a must for the computer to protect your computer and important files from being attacked by the virus. However, sometimes, it deletes important files without telling you. And you may ignore it by confirming the operation. In this case, you must face the situation that needs to recover antivirus deleted files. Here in the following, we'll talk about 3 ways for how to recover files deleted by antivirus.
People who want to recover deleted files by antivirus using CMD must know some computer techniques. Otherwise, it might be hard to finish the task. Here in the following are the steps for how to recover files deleted by antivirus using CMD.
1. Click the Windows icon at the bottom left, or use the shortcut "Windows + R" keys. In the pop-up box, type in "CMD".
2. Type the letter of the hard drive where the antivirus deleted the files used to stored and click Enter. For example, if the deleted files were saved in F, you need to type in "F:".
3. After then, please type in "F:attrib -h -r -s /s/d" and click Enter to recover deleted files using Command Prompt. After then, you can check out whether it has recovered the antivirus deleted files or not. If there are, copy and paste them to a safe folder on your computer.
Every antivirus software tool has a folder named as vault or Quarantine. Any file infected with a virus is saved in this place. And the antivirus software will delete the files after a period of time. Here are steps for how to recover files deleted by virus from Quarantined Items.
1. If you have installed the external antivirus software on your computer, launch it. After then, click on the Menu. Next, click on Quarantine or Virus vault. From there, you need to find the files deleted by antivirus. Find them and click "Restore" to save the files on your computer.
2. If you haven't installed any external antivirus software, then it takes a few steps to find the default Quarantine folder of the Windows Defender program on your computer.
Step 1. Click the Windows start button at the bottom left and type in "Windows Defender" in the search box. Find it and click it to launch.
Step 2. Next, click the "History".
Step 3. From the History window, you need to click the "Quarantined items".
Step 4. Next, you can see a window with no more information. You need to click the "View" button. When finding the target antivirus deleted files, select them and click "Restore" to recover the files deleted by antivirus.
If you haven't succeeded in recovering files deleted by antivirus, try the professional software - Deep Data Recovery to retrieve antivirus deleted files. It's a trustworthy software specially designed for users to recover important files from the computer, flash drives and other external hard drives. Here are some of its main features.
Simple step-by-step guide for how to recover files deleted by antivirus software
Click the DOWNLOAD button to get the installation package of the data recovery software. After then, install the software on your computer.
Launch the software right away after you install it. In the new window, you can see all supported file types are selected. Please uncheck other types, only leaving the wanted file types selected. Click "Next" to restore files deleted by Kaspersky, AVG, Mcafee and more.
In the next window, please select the drive where once the antivirus deleted files saved. Click "Scan" letting the software scan this place, looking for the target antivirus deleted files.
Last, wait for the software to finish the scanning process. After then, you can see all the found files. Please filter the files by file extension and preview the found files on the right panel. When find the target files, please select them and click "Recover" to recover the antivirus deleted files.